Bell PVR External Hard Drive Linux partition

Maybe I am misreading this, but it sounds like if I had a Linux partition and opened the files in it, it would work? Or am I missing a step?
You can see the files, but you won’t be able to watch and/or view them from what I’ve seen. They are typically encrypted files.

****************

Here’s a question that occured to me while reading through them.
If I want to increase the size of my PVR disk, can I setup a linux box, mount both the old and new disks as EXT3 and then use dd (or another std unix/linux command) to copy all the content from the old smaller disk to the new bigger one, then put the bigger one on the PVR and have lots of extra space?
If the files are individually encrypted (as opposed the filesystem itself being encrypted), then this should work shouldn’t it?

****************

Yes I just found a way to get programs off a bell PVR receiver. The quality is not HD. I used a Diamond One Touch Video capture device that enabled my computer to hook up to the PVE using the AV cables. You then play the movie or recording and it is captured on your computer in it’s own recording. The quality is not HD but it’s better then losing your recordings.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/11/2014

    Q. Can I copy Recordings directly from a BellTV hard drive to a PC hard drive and watch them on a PC?

    A: No. The files are encrypted. The best method is to copy real time using component video to something like the Hauppauge HDPVR or Hauppage Colossus

    ReplyDelete

.
Canada Internet Service Review Discussion Group
InternetCanada@groups.io
Canada 🇨🇦 Internet Service Review
https://groups.io/g/InternetCanada
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.